• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Supplements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libby

Bluelighter
I went to the suipplement store, and said I was quiting meth,
and the dude recommended load up on multi vitamin that has alot b vits.
and also said milk thistle,
and chlorella,
and st john wort.

No prescription drugs for me, just herabalist naturopath goodness...

I know a lot of people get really into supplements and can list you a ton of suggestions, but IMO a good multivitamin daily and a few grams of Omega 3 Fish Oils is plenty to live healthy.

You dont need to kill fish to get omega-3, FLAXSEED OIL!!!
You can get LSA mix which is Linseed(another name for flaxseed), sunflower and almond and it has all your essential fatty acids if you dont get enough with ur diet, omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9

I've also heard 5htp is good, list what you can recommend for methamphetamine withdrawal.
or other withdrawels too but specify which one its for if its not for meth.

Last edited:
www.fishinghurts.com

I've also heard to avoid sugar, because the sugar crash can make u crave meth. Dunno if its true or not, but should be eating healthy foods when trying to detox anyway.

Last edited:
be careful with st.johns wort, it can mix nastily with some drugs

My fingers have been very busily googling 5-HTP and SAM-e and me thing these are maybe better than st john wort, and me use instead.

u might actually get some better responses in healthy living, libby
they might know more about natural supplements
its a good way to go
the ones i wud recommend wud b fish/flaxseed oil, methionine and l-typtomine
alternatively theres one u can get at aucklands 'the hemp store' or 'switched on gardener' called 'StoP' specifically designed for ppl who r battling with recovery from P (since ur an aucklander ;))
gd luck
lets try healthy living
TDS----->healthy living

This is what I posted in clare's thread, you should really look into L-Tyrosine for meth.

Even search BL for 'tyrosine', 5-HTP is a precursor for serotonin, tyrosine for dopamine. I find it really helps level out my moods after a big night on stimulants. Good luck :)

You should look at l-tyrosine. Tyrosine is a precursor to dopamine and definitely recommended for anyone who has gone too hard with dopaminergic drugs like meth or cocaine.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=l-tyrosine&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr=countryAU

I got mine here, but delivery took a few weeks.

http://www.fourbody.com.au/product.php?productid=16487

Or if you have nothing to do just wonder around some health/nutrition stores and ask around if they have it, apparently some do.

I would recommend liquid zeolite or cellfood. They both increase oxygen and detox heavy metals along with supplying many minerals..

Along with a healthier diet( more protein etc, etc) and essential oils..will help

L-tyrosine is in my tanning accelerator cream for the sunbed...
It makes melonin, makey the nice golden tan... (if I went to the sunbeds more often lol)

I'm thinking 5-HTP and L-tyrosine taken together.

Last edited:
I kill fish because i like eating them and im not a vegetarian.

Just making sure people know that if they want omega-3, they don't HAVE to kill the fish in order to get it, you know, just incase some people out there cared more about the pain and suffering and murder they'd be inflicting on others than they do their own taste buds.
SOME people do, maybe not you, but some nonetheless.

omega-3, ginko biloba, vitamin C. for a good herbal opiate/stimulant high (if craved), indonesian kratom. Also, eat good, healthy foods and drinks at all times. I highly recommend Kombucha, as a meal replacement, once daily.

hemp oil is more flush with the omegas than flax ;) although, fish oil IS vital because the only other source for vitamin D is your own body, but we need sunlight exposure to spur it's production.

personally, i havent found 5-htp to be as constantly effective as taking a sublingual dose of methylcobalamin in the morning; it's a b12 coenzyme and the most effective form of the vitamin which is crucial in overcoming post-binge depression

10 minutes exposure on hands and face is all you need to get ur DRI vitamin D
vitamin d is only really an issue in wintertime in like cold europeans coutries, maybe canada too.
If your in aussie or NZ you dont need to worry about it
Although most dietary sources of vitamin D are animal derived (because animals make it with sunlight) you can also get vitamin D from vitamin supplements which are made from yeast or other fungi. Even if you live in one of those cold northern places, the body can store vitamin d, so if you got enough exposure in the summer, you'll be ok for the winter without taking anything.

The most significant supply of vitamin D comes from the action of ultra-violet B light on sterols in the skin. Most people, including infants require little or no extra from food when regularly exposed to sunlight when the sun is high in the sky. Bright sunlight is not necessary; even the sky shine on a cloudy summer day will stimulate formation of some D in the skin, while a short summer holiday in the open air will increase blood levels of the vitamin by two or three times the amount.

The effective light wavelength - ultra-violet B (UVB, 290-315 nanometers in wavelength) - is not present in winter sunlight between October and March in countries above latitude 52 degrees north, which includes most of Britain. Winter time supplies of vitamin D depend on the previous summers exposure creating adequate stores in the liver, or on dietary sources

hense, fish NOT vital

I wonder if the vitamin b12 ur talking about is the same as the one i already have... *ruishes to find sublingual vitamin b12 supplement* really you find this better than 5-HTP?? coz I already have this, stoped using it since i started doing multi vitamin and they already contain b12

I've never seen hemp oil in the shops where I live

Last edited:
I'd just like to say that just 'cause you don't have to kill fish to get omega 3's, you DO have to kill them to get any appreciable quantities of DHA and EPA, which are the big two beneficial omega 3's in fish oil. Sorry babe, the ALA in flaxseed oil just isn't quite as good. I mean, your body can make SOME DHA and EPA from ALA, but only a very small amount. Fish oil is still the gold standard for mental health effects and heart help. Not just any omega 3 fatty acid will do - they're all different, with different effects!

Oh, and Libby, if you personally want to avoid killing fish, you can buy Krill oil, which is derived from a crustacean. It's not quite vegetarian, but they're teensy little critters (like the size of a pea or somethin'), so do you still care? Once again, you NEED EPA and DHA, not just plain old ALA. This is how you get it without killin' fish! Oh, and you can get algae-derived DHA, too. Google this stuff if you really don't like eating things with faces.

Just making sure people know that if they want omega-3, they don't HAVE to kill the fish in order to get it, you know, just incase some people out there cared more about the pain and suffering and murder they'd be inflicting on others than they do their own taste buds.
SOME people do, maybe not you, but some nonetheless.

I'm vegan and even I rolled my eyes at this. And FWIW although Vitamin D is fat soluble, you can't just get it via sunlight for one or two seasons a year and be okie-dokie the other nine months. I agree with GM that a good multivitamin and an Omega supplement is plenty for most people, and the 5-HTP is great for helping with WD depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.